Established in 1963, the T.J. Danaraj Medical Library serves the teaching, learning and research needs of the academic staff, undergraduate students, postgraduate students and researchers of the Faculty of Medicine as well as the needs of the nursing students, clinicians and professional staff of the University of Malaya Medical Centre which is the teaching hospital of the University of Malaya.
On 18 June 1999, the Law Library was named as Tan Sri Professor Ahmad Ibrahim Law Library (Perpustakaan Undang-Undang Tan Sri Profesor Ahmad Ibrahim) in appreciation of his contributions to the Faculty of Law and the Law Library University of Malaya. Since its inception in 1959, the Central Library began acquiring legal materials and these were incorporated into the general collection together with texts of the other disciplines.
Perpustakaan Peringatan Za’ba (Za’ba Memorial Library) or popularly known as PPZ contains unpublished and published materials on Malaysiana. It is especially rich in the areas of Malay language, literature and culture. These materials are kept in closed stacks for preservation and users are allowed reference facilities at the designated reading areas.
Last Update: 20/02/2022